Monday, May 7, 2012

Wanna See Something Gross?

I warned you...

Here are my feet in a fairly normal state (taken last Wednesday, May 2, 2012):


And here they were on Friday, May 4, 2012:


Yeah, that's my least favorite part of being pregnant.  I am apparently very prone to the swollen feet and ankles.  It's really uncomfortable and makes wearing shoes almost impossible (really good for my "professional" image at work, haha).  Turns out, I'm not one of those amazing women who ROCKS OUT being pregnant and is good at it.  I am not good at it.  I am pretty whiny, I cry randomly (and often) and I do not glow.  Obviously, none of that matters, and of course it is all worth it - we get to have a baby!  That makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world.  Just thought the internet needed to see my elephant cankles in all their glory (this might not even be "all" of their glory...it's just the only picture I have).

I've also been bad at documenting this pregnancy - I will blame my camera being broken (REALLY need to get that fixed before Lil Homey arrives!) but it's also just not something I think about.  So, for the record, here is me, 7 months pregnant (taken 3 weeks ago on April 14, 2012):


Henry and I are super excited to start putting her nursery together - and we finally ordered a glider for the room!  We picked the gray "links" fabric on the left:


Lots more to do and be excited about! 


9 comments:

  1. You look GREAT! I hope I look that cute at 7 months... and I disagree, you ARE glowing :) Are you keeping Lil homey's name a surprise?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Abby! You are so sweet :) We are planning on keeping her name a surprise, but at this point that hardly matters...I am not sure we will ever agree on a name! Happy to take suggestions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Dickman as a first name would be perfect. I mean, that is what I will call her regardless of her given name. And I agree with Abby. You look gorgeous!!! Can't wait to see the glow in person soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, you and I are on the same page. I seriously thought it would be a cool middle name, but everyone (including my parents) nixed that immediately, and that's one battle I'm choosing not to fight. We can still call her Dickman, for sure. Thank you, and I cannot WAIT to see you in just a week and a half!! Does the Duchess know yet that you're coming?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I came across your blog as I was looking up gliders online for my nursery. I am pretty strongly considering ordering a glider from poshtots in the links gray fabric that you posted above. Is that where yours is from? Did yours come in yet, and if so, can you post pictures? Hope all is going well with your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi E! Thanks for saying hi. We ordered ours through "Buy Buy Baby" (it's a "Little Castle" glider). Unfortunately, ours has not yet come in...a week after we ordered, they called to say that the fabric was back-ordered, so it's not supposed to be in until mid-July. Yes, the baby will be here before the glider, but I'm hoping it's comfortable enough to be worth it! Some of our best friends have the same glider (different fabric) and they love it. I will definitely post pictures of the glider once we have it! Good luck to you, take care!

      Delete
    2. hi you said right I like that if you need Little Castle Gliders please click.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please, don't name your child "Dickman", it's going to be hard for them, growing up. Especially if it's a girl.

    ReplyDelete