Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Weekend Treasures

We just got back from a really special weekend in Indiana, for Nora Jayne's baptism. It was super quick  ... we were in town for less than 48 hours (and as you'll see below, at IKEA for a handful of those), but every moment was super special. It was so great to see the whole fam and celebrate NJ. Just couple of my fave Nora pics from the weekend (I'm sure Katie has more coming on all of the festivities):

Praying during the ceremony.
Silly afterwards.

We made a special trip to the IKEA in Cincinnati while we were in town. We crammed it in on Friday right after we got in. The hour drive each way after our 9 hour drive? Worth it. Of course we left with some odds and ends from the Marketplace (I think I said to Dac, which he then kept saying himself to make fun of me, "Now this is where I really get into trouble. You'll need to hold me back.") But for the more exciting items...
The Docksta table that I mentioned recently, which will be going in our kitchen when we have a chance to put it together:


And this awesome rug, which I've seen in some really beautiful living rooms on blogs/Pinterest and have had my eye on. The plan is our family room for this one, but it could move around to just about any room as time goes on.
And that's about all the house budget could handle at the moment. I had to really restrain myself from buying the Expedit shelves (for the office) and a Rast dresser to makeover (both mentioned in this post). Need to learn to take things slowly and remember we're going to be here for awhile. Home, sweet home. :)

Also, news flash: Tomorrow is Halloween. I keep forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment