Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Little Homes

Not to be confused with Lil Homey... who I can now proudly call Nora Jayne! She is the best, and it kills me to not be able to hang out with her - but Katie has been doing a great job sending picture texts!
She clearly already knows how cool her aunt is:


OK, so I may have forced that onesie on her - and she looks kind of mad wearing it. But Katie swears that's because of the flash. Also note that I'm not the only one trying to sell Nora on something with her clothing... those UNC socks really complete the look.

The other big (not nearly as amazing or important) thing happening in my life right now (other than my new job, which rules), is the house hunt. Dac and I found an amazing realtor through a friend who I dare say reminds me a lot of Reese Witherspoon, and we have spent hours for the past three days with her looking at house after house. I was naive in thinking it would be easy to find an amazing house in our price range. We've been going for the cute, older homes with character - but they are all much smaller, and less charming, than they look in the pictures. Last night we went to a house that had not one but TWO gigantic spiders in the bathtub... and one in the sink. Awesome. So far there has been at least one pretty big deal breaker with each one (the spiders weren't even it in that house).

I mean - and I'm sure I've said this before - where are the houses that look like these...





1  / 2  / 3  /  / 5

Not in our price range is where they are. Pinterest has totally tainted my perspective. We seem to be looking at a rapid pace though, and I do feel like we're making progress and getting closer. And, now that I'm thinking more realistically, I'm already coming up with lots of ways to transform whatever space we can afford.

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. We have "busy" excuses galore (especially Katie for obvious reasons) but we'll get back in the swing of things here.


No comments:

Post a Comment