Thursday, July 26, 2012

One Chair to Rule Them All

(I wrote a few posts before Nora came along, here's one:)

Last summer, I found a cool shop on Etsy that refinished furniture using gorgeous fabrics and finishes: House of Pemberley.  (You can get more info on the shop here.)  They had some things I liked, but not EXACTLY what I wanted, so I messaged the shop owner, Kimber - she's wonderful to work with!  I picked out a chair from her inventory of furniture to "makeover" and picked the fabric and paint and she made my chair dreams come true.  Here's the chair:


Isn't it awesome?!  It makes me way more happy than a chair probably should.  The fabric is Lee Jofa Groundworks "La Fiorentina" in wine & magenta.  And shipping is free on furniture!  (They ship using Greyhound, so it did take a while, but it eventually made it, in perfect condition!)  She also makes great pillows out of any fabric (including designer fabrics that are to-the-trade only).  She made these for me (well, she made 2 of the patterned pillow - the yellows are from Crate & Barrel):



And they are so great!  They really make our Ikea couch something special.  One of my super-fav bloggers, Jenny of MFAMB had Kimber make her a headboard for her daughter's room, and it is amazing.

So...great etsy shop, I love custom furniture!  Wish I had the chops to do something like this myself.  Anyone else out there love a chair as much as I do?  Refinish any furniture on your own?


No comments:

Post a Comment