Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Caprese Crazy



I have a new favorite salad that's fresh as can be. Dac had this craving for a Caprese salad (he admits that's weird), so we went to the Farmer's Market to pick up the super simple ingredients. It's just the perfect summer afternoon treat.

We just bought a few beautiful heirloom tomatoes, some basil, a ball of fresh mozarella from the Italian deli in the market, and some balsamic vinegar. The prep couldn't be easier - easier than the normal salad, really. Just cut nice thick slices of the tomato, followed by nice thick slices of mozarella.



Then sprinkle some basil and drizzle the balsamic vinegar over the top! We also put some sea salt, and Dac added olive oil to his. We chopped up our basil because big pieces are too powerful to me. I don't even know if this is all the right stuff for an actual Caprese salad, but I don't even want to look it up because this was so delicious!



So that's all it takes for some crazy Caprese. Something I will be making a whole lot more of this summer. Still want to try these guys for a party:

via

Later,

2 comments:

  1. ah, heirloom tomatoes. my favorite. caprese makes a delicious veggie sandwich too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo good call! I'm definitely going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete