Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freshly Minted

Lots of people asked where we had our New Years/Baby Announcement cards made.  Allow me to introduce you to my favorite stationary company:  Minted.

The company sells designs from hundreds of different graphic designers around the world, and holds contests to determine the best of the best (which they then offer in their store.)  From their site:

"We believe that great design lives and thrives in the hands of indie designers that people may not have access to through traditional retailers. Our goal is to use technology to allow our community to discover the work of great designers from all over the world. And at the same time, create a place where designers can get exposure and build their careers."

I've used Minted for personal stationary (for myself and as gifts):



 And for invitations to very special occasions:

You can personalize as many options as you want and save them in your account - I designed a couple dozen cards with our baby shoes picture and then Henry and I looked through all of the options to choose our favorite.  It's fun to play around with the different cards! A day or two after you place your order, they send you a proof of the design to make sure everything is just right.  Once you approve the proof, the turn-around time is lickety-split quick.  We received our latest order two days after I approved the proof!

The quality is wonderful - I love the weight of the cards and the colors in the printing.  They also have tons of fun options for address labels and special backings on the cards.  I love the skinny-wrap address labels:


Some more of my favorite designs:


There are so many great ones!  If you decide to order something from Minted, you can click here to get $25 off your order: $25 off at Minted.  (If you do order, I get $25 credit too, so...thanks!)

I like the new electronic options these days for invites and announcements, but I just LOVE real mail.  Opening your mailbox and finding a special card from a loved one is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment