Monday, February 20, 2012

KC, MO Update

I had a fun weekend doing more Kansas City exploring with Dac. Most importantly, I had my first Oklahoma Joe's experience. Although I certainly haven't come close to trying them all yet, there is zero doubt that this is the best BBQ in KC. Anthony Bourdain listed it a couple years back as one of the 13 places to eat before you die (in the world). I know why now. Everyone's told us the Z Man sandwich is the way to go, and I was not let down - even after waiting in line for an hour to get it (the line started around the side of the building). Brisket, provolone, onion rings, and the BEST bbq sauce. It was worth the wait.

via google

This will now be a stop for anyone who comes to visit us. We also took our first trip to the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. It and the Nelson (which we had already been to) are both free and amazing.  We tried to go to a new antique store as well - Good Ju Ju - but turns out it's only open during First Fridays weekend (a Crossroads Arts District art event) each month. So instead we stopped by our old favorite in our neighborhood, which happens to be the #1 antique store in the Best of KC ratings...  the River Market Antique Mall. Here are some of my fave pieces from this trip:

At just $39 each, I was really tempted to buy these... but we have zero space left for furniture in our apt. I can't wait for a whole house to decorate! :)



Both the chair and that weird lamp thingy!


This would be awesome in a closet - the shelf slides out!

This is Dac's favorite booth - cool industrial work tables, metal drawer sets, stools, etc.

Loved these horses - they were hefty!

So lucky to have this place a block away! 

Happy President's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment