Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah

I'm really happy with how this pom situation turned out in Nora's room - pleasantly surprised, in fact.  It was something I had wanted ("needed" in my pregnant mind and vernacular), and had saved lots of inspiration pictures for, but didn't think I'd actually be able to make it happen.  Turned out to be easier than I expected!

Here are a couple of pics of what I like:

Source for both

So I just used this Martha Stewart pom pom kit and this Martha Stewart lantern kit and some floral wire to create this:

I love how it turned out!  If you want to make one too, I recommend making a big loop with floral wire and attach it to one big pom and then just start adding poms and lanterns on in an arrangement you like.  You have to kind of squish them together and be mindful of colors, but other than that it's pretty simple.  I looked for a good tutorial on how to make these for a long I see why I couldn't find one.  You can't really explain how to make it - you just have to go for it and use pieces of wire to connect them all together.  It ended up taking Jayne and I only about 15 minutes to put them all together once I had made the poms and lanterns (we made it together the night before we went to the hospital to have Nora!) and Henry hung it from one hook in her room.  I was a little leery of having anything over her crib, but it's not going anywhere.  It's a little smaller than I had originally envisioned, but there's a lot of other stuff going on in this room, so I think it turned out just right.  We actually had some poms and lanterns left over from the kits but didn't want to add more in the end.

I will share pics of Nora's completed room soon, we love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment