Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Broccoli Braid

A few days ago, Henry and I tried a new recipe (found on Pinterest) for dinner: the Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Braid (recipe found here).  It was delicious and very easy.  I'm sure we'll make it again, though Henry said he would prefer to have a side dish to eat with it (this time we just had it by itself, which I thought was a great meal).

Photos and recipe from here.
We just used a couple of chicken breasts and we didn't have rosemary, so we didn't add that on top.  I was also a bit confused about how to lay out the crescent rolls at first, but to make ours, the dough basically covered the whole baking sheet before we braided it up.  The braiding was fun, and seems like it would be a great way to involve kids in the dinner prep.  Ours didn't turn out quite as beautiful as the example above, but I thought it looked pretty cool (sorry for the iphone pic, my point and shoot was damaged on the way home from Japan. DANG!)


This made about 3 dinners for the two of us (well, maybe just 2 for Henry...).  I recommend this dinner to anyone looking for something quick, easy, and delicious!  Here are a few more recipes I'm hoping to try soon - let me know if you make any of these!

Spinoccoli Pizza (like from Mother Bear's in Bloomington, IN!)
Parmesan Crusted Goat Cheese with Basil Oil
Garlic Parmesan Edamame
Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment