Thursday, June 7, 2012

Call Me, Maybe?

There is always some sort of music video inspiration that comes my way when I visit my friends in Dallas. This time it was something that went completely under my radar somehow, even though I'm sure the rest of you have already seen it and probably done a version of your own.

These Harvard boys were the first to do a "cover" of the Carly Rae Jepsen song "Call Me Maybe":


Their oh so clever  (and deadpan) rendition has spawned many more of its kind, like this one from the SMU rowing team:




And this one from the UNC club baseball team:




And many other intriguing car dances. Everybody is trying to outdo them, and nobody is succeeding. The Harvard boys "invented" that dance move that I will be doing for days. For that - and for that song being stuck in my head - I thank them.

No comments:

Post a Comment