Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sing, Sing a Song

We were lucky enough to grow up listening to tons of great music.  I LOVE roadtrips because they are an excuse to sing along with all of your favorite songs.  I am not hip to "kid's" music today (I have heard of this yo-gabba-gabba business, but that's about it).  What I do know is that THIS album is still super fun to listen to, with or without kids:


This CD came out in 1991 and we can sing every song on the whole crazy album.  It is full of covers of classic and not-so-classic children's songs, like Little Richard rapping the Itsy Bitsy Spider.  My favorite songs include "Chicken Lips and Lizard Hips" sung by The Boss, "Blueberry Pie" by Bette Midler, and "Child of Mine" by Carole King.  You can buy it here, used, for 5 or 6 bucks (including shipping) - money well spent on any kid if you ask me!

Anyone else know great kid's music?  I've heard the Barenaked Ladies have a fun album, I think I need to check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment