Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Issues With Magazines

Anyone else love magazines as much as I do? It always seems like a special treat to find one in my mailbox after a long day at work. My favorites include Real Simple, House Beautiful, Lucky Mag, Martha Stewart Living, InStyle, and US Weekly (I love US Weekly except when they put "Teen Moms" on the cover...I'm also pretty sick of seeing Kim Kardashian anywhere right now too, but that's a topic for another post.)

As anyone who has helped me move in the last decade can attest to, I have a problem throwing the best magazines away - they are full of inspiration and gorgeous spreads! (I still keep all issues of "Real Simple" in magazine files on my bookshelves. Someday they'll be collector's items, right? I'm sure I'll be able to sell them on ebay and fund our future childrens' college educations! Right...)

A few years ago, I started tearing my favorite pages out of each month's issues and collecting a pile of those pages instead of whole magazines. While this pile took up a lot less space, it wasn't easy to look through and one knocked over bottle of Miller Lite on the coffee table could've ruined the whole she-bang. So I found an inexpensive binder (mine is from Target) and bought a giant pack of clear page protectors to make my ever-expanding inspiration book:





Eventually, I'd love to separate it with tabs to make it even easier to find what I'm looking for in the binder (i.e. paint colors I love, Art, DIY projects, gift ideas, etc.). It's fun to have my favorite pages from 3 years of magazines all in one place! Anyone else love magazines? Have a recommendation for one I might be missing?







PS: All this talk about magazines reminded me of one of my all-time favorite marketing campaigns:

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment